A whole new standard for portable circular saws
The TS55 REQ is not your standard circular saw. With its accuracy and versatility, a better comparison would be to the most advanced table saws, miter saws or panel saws available. Add in its incredible portability and unbelievable ease of use, and you have a precision-cutting solution like no other, at home in the highest-end cabinet shop as well as an onsite remodel. With the addition of micro-adjustable depth controls and a flat housing for flush-cutting against walls or adjacent surfaces, the TS 55 REQ is our most advanced plunge cut saw ever, which is saying a lot.
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts.
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback.
- The slip clutch helps to minimize the risk of a kickback and minimizes wear on the blade, gear case, and motor.
- Blade changes are easier and safer using the FastFix system which locks switch and arbor simultaneously for easy arbor bolt removal.
- 48-tooth carbide blade
- 55" Guide Rail
- Splinterguard (includes 1, purchase additional 5-pack)
- Limit Stop
- Hex Key
- Plug-it Power Cord
- All packed in SysGen3 M337 Systainer
- Arbor size: .787" (20 mm)
- Bevel cuts: -1 to 47 degrees
- Cutting depth on guide rail: 1-15/16" straight down and 1-7/16 at 45 degrees
- Cutting depth without guide rail: 2-1/8" straight down
- Power consumption: 1200 watts / 10 amps 120 v AC
- Saw blade diameter: 6-1/4" (160 mm)
- Saw blade speed: 2,000 - 5,200 rpm
- Weight: 9.9 lbs
Features & Benefits
Guide Rail Guidance
When used with Festool guide rails, you have ultimate control over the TS saw for perfectly straight cuts. Add the replaceable splinterguard, and a splinter-free cut is achievable on both sides of the blade.
Scribe Line = Cut Line
The TS 55 makes the actual cut right on the edge of the scribe line, even on bevel cuts.
Plunge Cut Action
Simple depth adjustment allows you to expose only the part of the blade necessary for the cut. The plunge action allows cut placement anywhere on the cut line for straight cuts or cut-outs into material.
Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) retracts into the housing during plunge cuts. The riving knife keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback, leaving you in control of the operation.
Variable speed allows you to match the speed of the saw to the material. The electronics also maintain a consistent speed under load, improving cut performance and protecting the saw motor from thermal and current overload.
Rotating Dust Port
Direct dust away from the saw, user, and the material or connect it to a Festool CT dust extractor for tool-triggered dust capture.
FastFix Blade Changing System
Blade changes are easier and faster using the FastFix system. When engaged, the power switch and arbor are locked simultaneously. The saw is also locked into a position to facilitate easy arbor bolt removal.
Triple Motor Bearing
The triple motor bearing improves the smoothness of cutting action and extends the service life of the tool.
Splinter-free cutting on both sides of the cut line. Eliminate tear out on both sides of the cut line with the guide rail and replaceable splinter guard. Keeping both sides of the cut line clean means less material waste.